The Sunshine Valley Community Recreation Society began its life as a cooperative club in 1979, offering programs and facilities in Sunshine Valley to its members for forty years. In 2019 the members voted to become a more inclusive club that would offer activities to members and non-members and as a result, became a registered non-profit society.
The society owns and operates the Sunshine Valley Community Centre. Residents and visitors have access to programs and facilities depending upon their membership or program fees.
The purpose of the society is to establish, maintain and operate a non-profit community centre society in Sunshine Valley, British Columbia, that is accessible to all, regardless of financial resources, culture, age, sex, sexual orientation, or mental or physical abilities.
The vision is to create a full service community centre that offers exceptional sport, recreational and cultural experiences for the benefit of the community.
The Sunshine Valley Community Centre Society will:
- Raise funds for, establish, maintain, and operate a community centre in Sunshine Valley, Fraser Valley Regional District, British Columbia
- Present a full spectrum of sport, recreation and cultural activities under one roof, to the benefit of all the community,
- Provide a welcoming home for other sport, recreation, health and educational organizations within our walls,
- Be committed to mentorship, education and training programs for the community
- Promote youth and young adult involvement in safe, coordinated programs, including those for at-risk and high-risk participants,
- Ensure the club is inclusive and welcoming to members of the community.
Board of Directors
The SVC Recreation Society is managed by a volunteer board of directors, who are voted on annually by the members.
2021 Board of Directors
Treasurer and Secretary
C/O GROVE BOOKKEEPING
PO BOX 250
HOPE BC V0K 1L0
71737 MEADOW ROAD
HOPE BC V0X 1L5